…which means it’s time to Party YRes-stylee!
Two more events for you to know about – hopefully you’ve had paper invites already.
This year’s Christmas Party promises to be the best yet. We’ll be in the swanky surrounds of Fable on Holborn Viaduct from 6pm on 5 December 2017.
January Talk – Coercive and Controlling Behaviour
With the new Practice Direction 12J freshly added to the FPR we need to be more alert than ever to the risk of domestic abuse in our cases. Our next talk, on 23 January 2018, looks at what happens when family cases spill over into the criminal sphere and particularly:
- What constitutes controlling and coercive behaviour
- Update on 2016/17 prosecutions
- Avoiding the pitfalls of parallel criminal and family law proceedings
- Implications of criminal proceedings for both parties in the family dispute
- When material in the family court can be of assistance to a criminal case and vice versa
We look forward to seeing as many of you as possible on 5 December!